24 Jan 2012

Tree obsession

 Think I have a tree obsession. Not sure how bad it is yet, but I've noticed, in the past 2 days I've done at least 5 drawings of them. This obsession came to light as I've been going through old drawings and photos of mine trying to find ideas to turn into etchings. Putting together several images, I realised two thirds of them where trees, or wood related.
 Very quick colour sketch, one day to turn into a proper painting, but I loved the way the winter light hit the bare poplars, with some of them in rich lilac shade.
 I love seeing how fallen trees carry on growing, their branches turning into trees themselves, carrying on despite the odds.
So, not sure where these drawings will take me, but I have an idea it could be quite an absorbing project ahead of me...

3 comments:

  1. Those are great tree sketches, I love trees as well and both paint and draw them. I like the one on top with the rocks stuck between the roots and the last one. Cant wait to see if you make them in to paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these trees! Just found your blog and will come back often for inspiration. Lee http://www.flickr.com/photos/sketchrboy/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognise this obsession. I have lots of tree sketches. love yours and await what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete